Saturday, December 31, 2016

Greensburg County Park: Our First RV Home Base

Our first workamping experience was with Amazon's Camperforce (see previous post).  Amazon provides a list of campgrounds that their associates can choose from.  Before Chad was even officially hired, we heard that one campground was "the place to be." When he got the email stating that he would be hired (pending drug test closer to start date), I immediately called to reserve a site.  The owner was friendly and helpful and YAY, everything was set up.  As the start date approached a conflict appeared with the campground.  There were not enough open sites for all the people promised sites.  We had to find a backup.  I called all over and all the Campbellsville campgrounds were full.  Less than a week before Chad was set to start and he had a job, but we had no place to park.  I went to my go to: the Amazon facebook group.  A campground in Greensburg, KY (about a 15 minute drive from Amazon) was mentioned.  I was a bit leery, because I couldn't find this place on the internet and it wasn't on the approved list of campgrounds, but I was assured that it would be covered so I made the call.  Ronny answered and was happy to have us stay at the new Green County RV Park, located in the American Legion Park.  I really feel like God was looking out for us.  He brought us to the absolute best site for US.  Green County Park



The RV park area is fairly small.  There are currently only five sites here.  There are full hookups, but no bathhouse or on site laundry (they are preparing to expand to 15 sites and a bathhouse and laundry next year.) There is a large playground right behind our site, basketball court right next to it, ball fields, walking path, and lots more.  Almost everyone we've encountered at the park was welcoming and friendly.  Our kids have loved being there.

The best part has been our neighbors.  It was our own little community.  We take turns walking each others dogs.  There is usually someone around to answer rv questions or to help when needed.  Our neighbors bought candy just so our kids could trick or treat on Halloween and gave Christmas presents to the kids.  I already miss them.

I really can't say enough about how perfect this park was for our family.  We're in a new location now for another workamping job and I miss the playground behind our "house" and walks along the trail and the kids playing basketball on the court next to us.  I loved that it was small enough to get to know the neighbors even though everyone was on different shifts.  I know if we go back to Amazon the experience will be different, but I know we'll try to stay at Green County RV Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment